mandag den 24. november 2014

Top 5 Fall/Winter Beauty Essentials

There are a few beauty essentials that every girl should have in her makeup bag for Fall and Winter, so thought I would share with you guys what I think the essentials should be.

So let's start of with the face: If you live in a Country where it gets really cold in Winter time, I would suggest that you should go get yourself a nice and thick face cream. The coldness and the wind can be very hash to the skin and since your face is what that is least covered up, then it needs some kind of protection from the Winter. A thick cream will help keep the face moisturized from the wind (since cold winds drys out your skin)

I am sadly a victim of getting really dry and sensitive skin in Winter time, so I'm always on the hunt for a nice cream. The one that has been my go-to cream for the past 2-3 years is the Bebe cream by Johnsons. They have a variety of creams that focus on something specific - so wether you have dry to sensitive skin or a combination, they got your back.  

Speaking of keeping something moisturized, I suggest you also have a good lip balm close to you at all times. Nobody wants dry and chaky lips and as the wind can dry out your skin, it can also dry out your lips. Don't even think about just licking around your lips, since it's only going to make it worse -So invest in a good lip balm! 

My favorite lip balm so far is the EOS lip balm. Don't think that I haven't tried other kinds, but I must say that the EOS lip balms has helped my lips the most. So I always carry one in my bag. Actually if you look around, you will see that I have a lip balm in the bathroom, one in my bedroom next to my bed and one in my bag. I would say it's one of my Holy Grails.  

The next thing as a beauty essential is having a nice dark lip colour. Every girl should at least have one dark lipstick for Fall/Winter. If you don't think that dark colours suits you, it is not true. It's just about finding the perfect shade depending on your skintone. If you feel like you don't have really white teeth and you can't really afford getting them bleached or something, then just go after a lipstick shade that has a blue undertone. That will help making your teeth look whiter. 

 
The next thing that you shouldn't neglect in Winter time is your hands. Always, always, always make sure to wear gloves or mittens when you go out! I have learned that the hard way. The Winter and cold winds can give you really dry hands and that can lead to drying the cuticles (the skin around your nails).

I don't know about you, but I always want nice looking hands so one thing I always carry around me wherever I go is my go-to hand cream from the Bodyshop. I have been using the Almond hand and nail cream since I was in College (since 2007). It is really moisturizing, it keeps your nails and skin soft, it's not sticky and it has a light scent of Almond. So if you want to try a new hand cream, why not try out the Almond hand cream from the Bodyshop - I swear by this stuff! 

The last thing has also got to do with the hand, or more specific something on the hands - yes, you got it, the nails! Every girl should at least have 5 types of nailpolishes in her collection, especially when we are nearing the Christmas season and the following colours are a nice navy blue colour, a shade of grey (also seen on my nails if you check out my instagram "withshandra), a dark red colour for the Christmas season and one in black for new years and of course also one with some glitters. 

Anyways I hope you enjoyed my Beauty Essentials and hopefully you've learned something new. So until next time - Ingat! 

X❤️X❤️
Shandra.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar