fredag den 6. marts 2015

#WithShandraInParis Part 5: The Royal City ✈️

There is no way that you can go to Paris and not visit the Versailles Palace (if you're a history geek). And since I am a history lover, Noob and I of course went to the famous Versailles. I am sure many of you have heard about the Versailles (Marie Antoinette used to live there). It is in Section 5 of Paris and is kind of a city by itself. I didn't really know what to expect but I knew it would be beautiful since it was all royalty who used to live there. But I had not imagined how beautiful the Versailles palace really is in real life, my jaw literally dropped when I saw the golden gates. I really felt like I was going back in time and I simply couldn't believe that I was inside, standing on the same spot where so many royal people through out history had been standing. The Versailles Palace is a must see and I suggest you spend an entire day there since it is so big and the garden is just.. I can't even put it in words, just extravagant and grand - A truly fit for a king.

If I could be a princess and choose any castles or fortress in the world, I would pick the Versailles Palace. When the Versailles was build, it was a country village. The court of Versailles was the center of political power in France from 1682, when Louis XIV moved from Paris. The Versailles is not only famous for the building and it's beautiful architecture but also as a symbol of the monarchy. Fashion around Europe was copied after what the royal court of the Versailles used to wear and that it's probable one of the reasons why Paris is seen as the Mother of fashion. 

Anyways I think I should stop now before I get way to deep with the history, so until next time - Ingat! 


X❤️X❤️
Shandra. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar